In 1715 French soldiers constructed Fort Michilimackinac.
Fort Mackinac was founded during the American Revolution.
Mill Creek was established in 1790 by Robert Campbell to provide sawn lumber for nearby Mackinac Island.
For sixty-five years, four generations of lighthouse keepers and their families lived at Old Mackinac Point Light Station.
Constructed in 1838 as part of the federal Indian Agency, the “Indian Dormitory” served its original purpose for less than a decade.