One of the island’s oldest structures, McGulpin House dates from 1780, or possibly before. Originally located on the east end of town, the building was moved to this location during restoration in 1982. Once the home of William McGulpin, a baker for the American Fur Company, this structure is an excellent and rare example of early French Canadian domestic architecture.
Preserved as an architectural artifact, the interior is partially restored to reveal its layers of use. Exhibits tell the story of the house. There is also an interactive audiovisual program on the historic architecture of Mackinac Island.
The McGulpin House is closed for the 2022 season. We will re-open June 3, 2023.
Click to enlarge.
About McGulpin House
Hours And Admission