Reports in Mackinac History and Archaeology, #5
Fort Michilimackinac has been under archaeological investigation every summer since 1959. The Mackinac Island State Park Commission, in cooperation with the Museum, Michigan State University, has excavated nearly half of this major eighteenth century fur trading post. During the courwse of these excavations, the site of a blacksmith shop located adjacent to the priest’s house was discovered. At this site and scattered through the fort enclosure hundreds of gun parts were found.
Click here to read this book!