Historic Mill Creek Discovery Park offers a number of scenic areas for wedding ceremonies, from a deck or a 50-foot tower that overlooks the park and the Straits of Mackinac; to a bridge overlooking the millpond with the historic water-powered sawmill as a backdrop.
$500 for a maximum time of two hours.
The fee includes:
Historic Mill Creek Discovery Park fees are subject to change in 2013.
Weddings may be scheduled at Historic Mill Creek Discovery Park:
May 6 - June 7, 2013; and August 18 - October 13, 2013
Wedding may begin between the hours of 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. daily.
June 8 - August 17, 2013
Wedding may begin between the hours of 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. daily.
No clergy is provided. You must make arrangements with clergy on your own. If you don’t have a minister in mind already, view this clergy list.
- $200.00 is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- $300.00 is refundable if a cancellation is received in writing 61 days or more prior to the reserved date.
- $150.00 is refundable if a cancellation is received in writing 31-60 days prior to the reserved date.
- There is no refund for cancellations made 30 days or less prior to the reserved date.
Contact Scott Witsman to schedule a rehearsal time.
- If you wish to view Historic Mill Creek Discovery Park in consideration of your wedding plans, please call Scott Witsman to schedule a visit. These visits can take place between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- When planning a wedding, keep in mind that the Historic Mill Creek Discovery Park is a historic site and a nature park. Great care must be taken to protect this park.
- No rice, birdseed, or similar material may be scattered inside buildings or outside in the park.
- If floral arrangements are part of your wedding décor, flowers may arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to ceremony time.
- If you have scheduled musicians, soloist, and/or an organist, they are to arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to ceremony time. If you are working with a wedding planner, insure that they are aware of this time frame.
- It is the responsibility of the wedding party to designate an individual to remove flowers, wedding decorations, and other items immediately following the ceremony. Otherwise the items will be removed and discarded by park staff one hour after the wedding. We are unable to store any items before or after the ceremony.
- Parking for your wedding guests must be in the parking lot of the Historic Mill Creek Discovery Park Visitor's Center. No vehicles will be permitted onto the actual historic site grounds (with exception of parking lot) without permission from Scott Witsman.
- Restrooms are available inside the park.
- In case of rain, there is a covered picnic area.
Mill Creek was established in 1790 by Robert Campbell to provide sawn lumber for nearby Mackinac Island. Campbell also operated a farm, with hay fields, cattle, and an extensive orchard. A gristmill was eventually added to the operation. In 1819 the mill and farm were purchased by wealthy Mackinac Island merchant Michael Dousman. He continued operations on the site through the 1830s. Abandoned and eventually forgotten, Mill Creek was rediscovered in 1972. After extensive archaeological work, the site opened in 1984. Today, visitors can watch the reconstructed sawmill in operation and explore the natural history of the site through trails, exhibits, naturalist programs, and the Adventure Tour, which includes a canopy bridge, zip line, and climbing wall.
It's Your Day!
View this two-minute Mackinac wedding video and see the romance for yourself.
Mackinac State Historic Parks
Group Tour and Special Events Coordinator
Box 873, Mackinaw City, MI 49701
Learn more about Historic Mill Creek Discovery Park.