7127 Huron Road
Situated on a wooden bluff 150 feet over Marquette Park and overlooking the Straits of Mackinac
Includes maximum time of two hours.
Up to 99 guests........................$1,000
- The Upper Gun Platform, the Officer's Wood Quarters front porch, parade grounds, and other approved Fort Mackinac sites are available by pre-arrangement for wedding ceremonies and receptions.
- Reservations should be made as soon as possible. They are made on a first come/first paid basis.
- Reservations must be scheduled at least 14 days in advance.
- Payment is required with application to hold the date.
- Reserve your date with Scott Witsman before sending the application and payment by contacting him at 231-436-4100.
Fort Mackinac fees are subject to change in 2014.
Weddings may be scheduled at Fort Mackinac:
May 7 - June 7, 2013; and August 18 - October 13, 2013
Wedding may begin between the hours of 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. daily
Fort Mackinac closes to the public at 4:30 p.m. on these dates. Guests, florists, musicians, decorators etc. will not be allowed entrance until after closing.
June 8 - August 17, 2013
Wedding may begin between the hours of 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Fort Mackinac closes to the public at 7:00 p.m. on these dates, thus fort rental fee reflects the cost to rent the site for an exclusive evening event.
No clergy is provided. You must make arrangements with clergy on your own. If you don’t have a minister in mind already, view this clergy list.
- $300.00 is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Cancellation received in writing 31 days before the reserved date will ensure:
$500 refund for $1,000 weddings
$1000 refund for $1,500 weddings
$2000 refund for $2,500 weddings
Contact Scott Witsman to schedule a rehearsal time.
Fort Mackinac Reception
Fort Mackinac is available for your wedding reception. Food and beverage service for your Fort Mackinac reception is handled through the Fort Mackinac Tea Room restaurant, operated by Grand Hotel. Contact Scott Witsman for more information.
- If you wish to view Fort Mackinac in consideration of your wedding plans, please call Scott Witsman to schedule a visit.
- Fort Mackinac is a National Historic Landmark, with buildings dating to the late 18th century. Special care is taken to preserve these priceless structures and we ask that you and your guests also respect the nature of this historic site. There is no smoking anywhere on the grounds, in the historic buildings, or on the outside porch of the Tea Room restaurant. Excessive alcoholic consumption on Fort Mackinac grounds is also prohibited.
- If floral arrangements are part of your wedding décor, flowers may arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to ceremony time.
- If you have scheduled musicians, soloist, and/or an organist, they are to arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to ceremony time. If you are working with a wedding planner, insure that they are aware of this time frame.
- It is the responsibility of the wedding party to designate an individual to remove flowers, wedding decorations, and other items immediately following the ceremony. Otherwise the items will be removed and discarded by park staff one hour after the wedding. We are unable to store any items before or after the ceremony.
Fort Mackinac is a designated National Historic Landmark.
Fort Mackinac is Michigan’s only original Revolutionary War-era fort. Believing Fort Michilimackinac at what is now Mackinaw City was too vulnerable to American attack during the revolution, the British moved the fort to Mackinac Island in 1780. Americans took control in 1796. In July 1812, in the first land engagement of the War of 1812 in the United States, the British captured the fort. In a bloody battle in 1814 the Americans attempted but failed to retake the fort. It was returned to the United States after the war. The fort remained active until 1895. During these years Mackinac Island was transformed from a center of the fur trade into a major summer resort. Today the original restored fort is a living history museum with fourteen original buildings, live demonstrations of rifle and cannon firing, military music, tours, Victorian children’s games, and much more.
It's Your Day!
View this two-minute Mackinac wedding video and see the romance for yourself.
Mackinac State Historic Parks
Group Tour and Special Events Coordinator
Box 873, Mackinaw City, MI 49701
Learn more about Fort Mackianc.