Mackinac State Historic Parks thanks you for your help in keeping the museum safe and comfortable for all guests.
1. Please do not smoke inside or outside of this building.
2. Because flash and unscreened light damage sensitive artwork, we ask that you do not take photos or video inside this museum.
3. Please finish food and drink before entering the museum.
4. Please place wet umbrellas in the stand on the front porch.
5. Because family pets cannot be accommodated inside the museum, couples with pets may share a single rotating admission ticket, with one person enjoying the grounds outside with the pet while the other enjoys the museum.
6. Because the museum has some narrow areas, we ask that all strollers be left outside the museum.
7. For security reasons, we ask that all guests leave large backpacks and bags in the space provided at the back hall of the main level, located near the elevator.
8. Once inside the museum, we ask that all cell phones be turned off or to vibrate. As a courtesy to other guests, please refrain from talking on cell phones inside the galleries.
9. Please do not touch artwork, as exposure to oil on your hands may damage the art.
10. Guests are encouraged to sketch in dry media within the galleries. However, there is not sufficient space for easel use.
11. Guests are encouraged to ask staff what hands-on art activities are planned in the museum the day of your visit.
12. As a courtesy, if you purchase your ticket after 3:00 p.m., we encourage you to return the following day at no charge. Simply present your ticket at the time of your return visit.
13. Tickets will be sold up to one-half hour prior to closing.
We accept cash, charge cards (Visa, MasterCard and Discover), travelers checks signed in front of the guest service representative, personal checks for the amount of sale only, Canadian currency at the exchange rate, gift certificates in the museum stores only, vouchers of local ferry lines, hotels, partner programs, and tour companies.