Rev. Andrew D. J. Piret (1802-1875) was born in Belgium. He came to the Diocese of Detroit in 1846 and received his first appointment to Ste. Anne's Parish on Mackinac Island. This journal, with a picture of him later in life attached to the inside front cover, records his journey upon landing in New York in 1846. He served as dual pastor of both Mackinac Island and St. Ignace for over twenty years. In 1868 he retired from active work and moved to Cheboygan, Michigan.
Gift of Mrs. Brayton Saltanstall